Searching for Accurate Car Rental Assessments?
If you’ve ever visited TripAdvisor.com looking for helpful reviews, you know that it may be a little overwhelming. There’s numerous threads asking for advice on car rentals, destinations and the like.
Vamos Rent-A-Car is no stranger to the praise — and at times, even disdain, from the community. One of the things that separates us from the rest of the pack is the cameo appearances of George, our General Manager, to admit our faults and to address points of contention.
We invite you to read the good, the bad and even the ugly alike. We keep it real, honest and transparent for everyone.
The booking process the follow up communications were easy and fast. We rented out of Alajuela. They were waiting at the airport and shuttled us to their office which was close by. Paperwork was quick, and we were on the road with a new 4 X 4.
They offered us for about $4 a cellphone with free internet, which was a great option, as we used it as a GPS, to call for reservations and even as a hot spot.
The return process was also very convenient, and all their personnel were extremely courteous. Source
1. Somewhere in my search about Vamos, I found a specific reference showing manager Alex Villalobos responding to a not-so positive feedback about Vamos. Mr. Villalobos' professionalism and willingness to explain the situation balanced the patron's issue and won my attention to read more. Mr. Villalobos' email address ended up in the post so I thought I'd reach out to him for guidance with a car rental. He was responsive and patient with all I asked. That's the little stuff that makes a big difference!
2. As our departure date from home neared, Alex stayed in touch with me letting me know everything for the car rental was lined up. We wanted an economy car and Alex was very helpful making sure our needs were met as the cars were being snatched up by other patrons. My lesson in this part was I need to plan at least two weeks out to secure a car with better peace of mind.
3. When we arrived in Liberia, all we needed to do was look for our Vamos transit driver. That was when we met Yorleny (Jolenny for those who aren't sure how to pronounce it). She was a striking professional smiling as we looked for our name on the sign she held. It was a warm welcome to a foreign country. She drove us out of the airport straight to Vamos only a short distance away.
4. Yorleny took time to explain all the documents and rental process. The car was spotless and well-maintained. We looked over the car together. Yorleny shared tips with us about the good and not-so-good of roads, traffic, potholes, etc. We were well prepared in all of our research so we did our part and Yorleny did her part. It was a very good thing to be stress free in the trust and reassurance of working with Vamos leading us to Yorleny. That's good business.
5. We drove off and spent the next five days enjoying Costa Rica...Pura Vida! The car had great air conditioning, excellent tires, and no problems.
6. When we returned the car, we arrived a little earlier than we had anticipated. This time, we met Rafael. He too was professionally dressed and a beacon of good service. Our final bill was adjusted down by almost $60.00 (USA) because we were early getting the car back. I would have never known the difference if Rafael wanted to leave it at the original quote. That's honesty and supportive of the other great reviews we read about Vamos.
7. When Rafael dropped us off at the airport, we thanked him for his kindness. I mentioned how I chose Vamos starting with my initial email to Mr. Villalobos. He was glad to hear how it all came together. Rafael asked me if I'd like to speak with Alex Villalobos. I accepted. He called Mr. Villalobos who was glad to hear from me. He actually remembered me and thanked me for our decision to go with Vamos. I reciprocated commending the professionalism of Yorleny and Rafael.
There you have it! We did our part in researching rental car companies and Vamos did their part in earning our trust with an awesome process and great car. Muchos gracias to Alex, Rafael, and Yorleny for helping me find my Pura Vida while in Costa Rica. Source
We ended up paying $200.00 for a shuttle to Liberia Airport and made arraignments with the rental company for them to recover their vehicle. After returning home I communicated with Vamos and requested a refund for our transportation costs to the airport. It took a while, but the refund was eventually placed in my PayPal account.
Everyone at Vamos was great in addressing our concern. They stand by their product and they honor their commitment to their customers. I highly recommend this company.
One last word: the representative I spoke to told me that their fleet would soon be upgraded. Source
Vamos car rental either out of Liberia or San Jose.
Pay full insurance. You need the piece of mind. If you can't afford it you can't afford to travel, so stay home.
No gps needed, learn how to read a old skool map!
This is all the advice you need. Take it or make it difficult and leave it. Chaio Source
We rented out of Liberia. They were waiting at the airport and shuttled us to their office which was close by. Paperwork was quick, and we were on the road with a new 4 X 4.
I would highly recommend them. Source