A road trip could be a make or break for a budding relationship. So make it easy on yourself and your SO by choosing a destination where romance can blossom with minimal effort.
Costa Rica has so much to offer with volcanoes, rainforests, and beaches that to stay in one place for the whole vacation would be a waste. Plan to see two destinations that can be combined into a long, weekend road trip of a lifetime!
Flying into Liberia’s international airport (LIR), in the popular region of Guanacaste, gives visitors access to white sand beaches and the Rincon de La Vieja Volcano — which is less than an hour’s drive away. Imagine sunset strolls on the beach, couple chocolate massage, and relaxing in thermally-heated hot springs…romance at its best.
But even the drive time can provide fantastic opportunities to move that relationship to the next step. See what the Love on the Road survey found about couples and road trips:
It will give you time to talk things out.
- Ford and YourTango recently teamed up to conduct a study called Love on the Road.
- One of their findings was that a whopping 78 percent of respondents confessed to having had a serious discussion about their relationships in a car.
- Maybe your Labor Day road trip will be your chance to finally get to talk about that big elephant in the room you’ve been avoiding for so long.
- Even if you don’t necessarily go on a road trip, the uninterrupted quality time together will serve as a great space for you two lovebirds to really have all of those ~intimate~ conversations.
It could be a huge milestone.
- The same Ford/YourTango study found that over half of their respondents (57 percent) admitted to having some sort of first with their partner in a car.
- Whether it be a first kiss, a first heartbreak, or a first “I love you”, the intimate time together in the car seemed to be the perfect space for many respondents to engage in these pivotal relationship firsts.
- Maybe your road trip to that deserted Pacific beach or jungle retreat could also be the first time your BAE tells you he loves you?
- Again, even if you don’t necessarily go on a road trip, the intimate time spent between just the two of you while on vacation is definitely grounds for a lot of firsts to take place.
It’s a chance for the two of you to enjoy each other without interruption.
- Between friends, families and jobs, day-to-day life is filled with interruptions. Your relationship happens when you have time for it. And, more often than not, you don’t.
- So, instead, you try to make the most of it by dragging each other along to events with friends, families and co-workers and, when you do have a chance to spend some one-on-one time together, you’re so exhausted you spend most of it at home watching a movie and scrolling through your Instagram feeds.
- A vacation is the perfect chance for you to hang up and HANG OUT with each other again.
- Put your phone away, you’re not at work and nobody needs you. All your friends and family are too busy on their own vacations to need you anyhow. Now is your time to just focus on each other.
Your relationship happens when you have time for it. And, more often than not, you don’t.
It will help you reconnect.
- All of these interruptions and distractions have a way of distancing you from your partner.
- Sure, you physically spend a lot of time together, but penciling in time to really appreciate each other gets tricky between happy hours, birthday dinners and work parties.
- Take this vacation as an opportunity to fall in love all over again or maybe for the first time!
It will be a nice change from your routine.
- It’s easy to fall into a rut when you’ve been with the same person for awhile.
- You sleep at their place or yours, you argue about where you’re going to order take out from and you take each other as dates to each others events.
- A Labor Day vacation is a chance to do something different that will really wake up your relationship and get it going back in full-throttle mode.
It’s your last chance to get some fun in the sun before it starts cooling down.
- WINTER IS COMING. I repeat, WINTER IS COMING.
- Don’t stay at home! Instead, you could be out catching some rays and letting your body snag its last chance at some color before it kisses the sun goodbye for the next few months.
- Save the snuggling with your SO for when its your only option (i.e. when its negative five degrees outside). Take this time to enjoy life outside together.
- If Labor weekend is too short to take a flight outside the country, then pencil in a vacation road trip for the depths of winter. Nothing beats the blues like a week in the sun, and driving to tropical beaches and waterfalls in Costa Rica will soon put a smile back on your face.
It will put your relationship to the test.
- Spending some uninterrupted time together is no joke. It’s basically a chance to play house for 72 hours.
- Now’s your chance to find out if your significant other is really someone you enjoy playing that game with or not.
Even if you’re single, it could be the start of something new.
- If you’re single, DON’T WORRY. This article is for you, too.
- Topdeck recently conducted research that found one in eight millennial men hope to find their significant other while traveling.
- Beyond that, one in 11 postgraduate Millennials actually have met their significant others while traveling abroad…
- Start packing your bags, people. It’s time to find LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE.
Read the whole story @ http://elitedaily.com/dating/labor-day-weekend-trip-so/1598133/