The privacy of our visitors (“Users”) is extremely important to us at Vamos Rent-A-Car and we will not share any information about them or their traffic data with any third party for any purpose, unless required for legal reasons such as a government subpoena.
To better protect these rights, as well as incorporating the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) law, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you may make about the way your information is collected and used.
To make this notice easy to find, we have placed it in the footer section on every page of this website, as well as every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
Vamos Rent-A-Car will never willfully disclose any personally identifiable information about our online audience to any third-party without first receiving the User’s permission. We do not collect personally identifiable information from our visitors other than what is supplied to us on a voluntary basis.
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our Site, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, comments on a post, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, phone number, credit card information.
Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users may always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site-related activities; for example: booking a car or leaving a comment.
As a standard, this Site utilizes server log files which are kept a maximum of one year. This data includes the permissible collection of personal identifiable information under the new GDPR law such as, but not limited to:
- URL & Title of pages viewed
- URL & Title of any links that are clicked on pages viewed
- User agent
- Browser language
- Screen resolution
- x/y coordinates of mouse events
- Unique ID tracking cookie (“UID”)
– The GDPR considers this to be Personal Data, even though it is randomly generated and does not identify who you are or reveal anything else about you. Its sole purpose is to more accurately track unique visitors.
- IP address (“IP”)
Per Article 6 of the GDPR, processing of UID and IP Personal Data is lawful and does not require your direct consent because it is “necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests” of websites using the service. These legitimate interests include but are not limited to:
- Assembling statistics regarding the use of a website. (Accurately counting unique visitors is a vital statistic for any website).
- Preventing fraud and abuse and maintaining information security. (Full IP addresses are necessary for this type of usage). Recital 47 of the GDPR states: “The processing of Personal Data strictly necessary for the purposes of preventing fraud also constitutes a legitimate interest”. Return To Contents
- User-Submitted Comments:
When visitors leave comments on the Site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- Contact Forms:
The information you provide will be attached to your customer profile to serve further customer service needs.
- Web Browser Cookies:
Our Site may use "cookies" to enhance User experience. Cookies are small files that a site, or its service provider, transfers to a web browser (if allowed) that enables the storing of information regarding Users’ access, customized web page content and preferences.
We use these cookies to compile aggregate data about Site traffic and interaction, so that we may offer better User experiences and tools in the future. We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our Users. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
The following cookies may be active during a User’s visit to the Site:
- Google Analytics: This cookie allows us to display User activities; including, but limited to: page views, source and duration spent on Site in a meaningful, visual report, so that we may create better and more popular content. This cookie also enables the continuation of the User experience across multiple platforms; such as: mobile to tablet or desktop via Display and Search Remarketing by collecting additional traffic patterns. All information is anonymous — displayed only as numbers to protect Users’ privacy.
- Google AdWords: Visualizing traffic patterns that lead to a successful booking is one of the methods we employ to minimize our advertising expense, thus maintaining lower rates for our clients.
- DoubleClick DART: Utilizing remarketing tags allows us to match future, relative advertisements to only specific and interested groups, thus limiting the ‘noise’ on the internet. As such, third-party vendors, including Google, may show our ads on other websites across the Internet using these cookies to serve our ads based on the User’s past visits to the Site. By enabling remarketing, Google will collect additional data about your traffic to enable Display and Search Remarketing.
- Facebook Conversion Tracking/Custom Audiences: Much like the above DART tags, a User may see targeted ads when accessing a Facebook account. This tags also measures the amount of engagement and conversion to better serve relevant, promotional offers to our clients across the Facebook platform.
- WordPress Commenting: If you leave a comment on our Site, you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- WordPress Status Check: If you have an account and you log in to this Site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- WordPress Login: When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- WordPress Content: If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after one day.
- Embedded Content from Other Websites:
Articles on this Site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor had visited the other website.
The following statistical software may be active during a User’s visit to the Site:
Vamos Rent-A-Car may collect and use Users’ personal information for the following purposes:
- To process transactions
We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. This information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To send periodic emails
We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If a User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site.
- To improve customer service
Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize User experience
We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site
We continually strive to improve our Site offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other Site feature
We typically hold seasonal contests to promote tourism to Costa Rica. Return To Contents
If you prefer, you may choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you may choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers may be found on the browsers’ respective websites. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly. However, you may still access our Services by contacting customer service by telephone, text messaging or email.
The following third-party software companies either access, store, transmit and/or report User data that is generated during a visit to the Site:
- Akismet: Anti-spam service for user-submitted comments. Information collected typically includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself).
- Clicky: As mentioned in the Analytics section.
- Facebook: As mentioned in the Analytics section.
- Google: Google’s suite of software, ranging from Adwords, Analytics, Search Console, Tag Manager, et al., may be used at various times on our Site to report User usage, promote Services, and/or to provide technical assistance.
- MailChimp: Email marketing software to announce news regarding our Services.
- Provely: As mentioned in the Analytics section.
- Zendesk: Customer profiles are created from data provided by the User, whether from various means, but not limited: emails, contact forms, or telephone calls. These are used to create an accurate rental quote which may or may not become a rental agreement. Billing information is not stored on *any* server.
The short answer lies in the following list:
- Financial: Zero days electronically; four years in paper form (primarily for tax purposes).
- Website Traffic: One year
- Account Profile: 120 days on Zendesk; up to four years in paper form.
- MailChimp Mailing List: Indefinitely until User unsubscribes.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For Users that register on our Site (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information. Return To Contents
If you have an account on this Site, or have left comments, you may request to receive an exported file of your personal data we hold, including any data you have provided to us. If your personal information is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to ask us to update it. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. Return To Contents
As a preliminary precaution, User comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service, as well as through several layers of security firewalls to cross-check against blacklisted IPs or existing DDoS attacks. Return To Contents
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of Users’ personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology over a secured communication channel and then encrypted and protected with digital signatures into our Payment gateway provider’s database. This database is only accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems and they are required to keep the information confidential.
Your billing information (credit card numbers) will not be kept electronically. Period. After a transaction, the hardcopy (receipt) is safeguarded for a period of up to four years as required by law from the Ministerio de Hacienda. After which, it is securely shredded.
Vamos does not guarantee or warrant continuous, error-free, virus-free or secure operation and/or access to the Services. Vamos does not guarantee that our Services are 100% secure or “hacker proof”, and shall bear no liability for the actions of hackers or other third parties that may infiltrate our systems. You acknowledge and agree that use of the Services is at your own risk and that you are responsible for the security of your computer system. Return To Contents
Under the GDPR, breaches where individuals’ data are at risk require reporting. If and when such a breach occurs, we will notify our customers within 72 hours. Return To Contents
Besides being a reservation portal, this website also acts as a resource guide for travel-related news for Costa Rica. Visitor interaction is a positive way to remain current in the conversation. However, to ensure quality content, we maintain a zero tolerance on SPAM.
We appreciate each and every well-thought out remark. We really do! On the flip side, if the comment does not meet our guidelines, then we will remove it. Continuously abusing these rules will result in permanently banning the violating IP, domain and email address(es).
The following checklist will aid you in getting your comments approved:
- Your Name
We do not allow keywords used in the Name field. Names such as “Bill the Travel Agent” will be marked as SPAM and deleted.
- Your Email
Although an email address is required to post a comment, those submitted addresses are not publicly shown or shared. Any email address that appears to be SPAM will be marked appropriately, reported and then deleted.
These sections help to identify the typical red flags in comments.
This website is written primarily in English — although we will include Spanish and German excerpts on occasion. Please respond in the appropriate language. Google Translate is a wonderful tool.
This is a family-oriented Site and any offensive/rude or inappropriate language will either be edited or deleted. Questioning or arguing with the content is acceptable as long as it’s not a personal attack on the blogger, nor any of the other commenters. Failure to respect others will result in the removal of comments and denial of access.
- Stay on Topic
If a comment does not add value to the conversation, strays from the original theme of the page, or ends the conversation, it may be edited, moved or deleted. SPAM comments will be immediately deleted regardless of the message.
- Included Links
Informational resources are good. We love Wikipedia! Nevertheless, to limit the “attractiveness” to spammers — and to keep things looking neat, we limit the amount of comment links. If you place more than one (1) link, your comment will undergo further review. Signing your comments with a backlink to your own website (aka signature link) will result in these links being deleted.
Vamos Rent-A-Car’s Editorial Staff reserves the right to edit, delete, move, or mark as SPAM any and all comments. They also reserve the right to block access to anyone they feel has disregarded these rules.
All comments within VamosRentACar.com are the responsibility of the commenter, not the Editorial Staff of Vamos Rent-A-Car. By submitting a comment to this Site, you agree that the comment content is your own, and you agree to hold Vamos Rent-A-Car, all subsidiaries, representatives, officers and agents harmless from any and all repercussions, damages, or liability. Return To Contents
We do not rent, sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. We may use third-party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third-parties for those limited purposes if you have given us your permission. We may also release your information when we believe its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our Site policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, we may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and Users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. Return To Contents
At our discretion, Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third-parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible or liable for the practices or activities employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own independent privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Site and welcome any feedback regarding sites that link to us. Return To Contents
Since we have visitors from the European Union, we follow their data protection law by clearly disclosing and obtaining consent for cookie usage via the notification bar that appears when you first visit any of our webpages. Return To Contents
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be compliant with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent. Return To Contents
We are compliant with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect or maintain any information from our Site from those we actually know are under 13 years of age. Our Site, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. Return To Contents
By using the Site, you agree that your information will be handled as described by this Policy, and that your usage and any disputes over privacy are subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service (“Terms”) which are incorporated by reference into this Policy. If you do not agree to this Policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this Policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes. Return To Contents
3, Rio Segundo
Data Processing Amendments (DPA) Contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org Return To Contents