So just what do you need to rent a car in Costa Rica? Well, you don’t have to take a deep breath because it’s really not that complicated.
We’ve condensed it down to less than a handful of items.
As always, if we’ve missed something that you’d like us to cover, please let us know in the comments section below and Ricardo will get right to it!
The following four (4) items are necessary to reserve a vehicle with Vamos.
- Credit card — listing the renter’s name or company AND issued by a major credit card company — is essential to secure your reservation. The credit card holder MUST be present when completing the rental agreement.
- Depending upon the selected insurance (which may be viewed here), either a $100 (minimum), $750 or $2,000 (maximum) rental deposit will be placed on the renter’s credit card. This credit card will not be charged until the renter picks up the vehicle. This amount will be refunded upon the safe return of the vehicle.
- Two forms of ID are required. Both must be valid. These may either be a photo ID or passport AND a drivers license. An international drivers license is not required — unless you’re from a country that does not use the Latin alphabet. The name on the credit card must match the passport/photo ID. Since we use the number on the drivers license, the matching name is less important (as in newlyweds or newly divorced for that matter). Unlike some other agencies, our customers are not required to have maintained a drivers license for a minimum duration. If you’ve passed the test, then you’re able to rent from Vamos.
- The minimum age for all drivers is 18 years. We do not have a maximum age. The Basic Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) deductible is doubled for drivers between 18 and 21 years of age — including those signed as additional drivers. Furthermore, Full CDW (zero deductible) is unavailable if there are drivers on the rental agreement between 18 to 21 years. Please note: Failure to list any driver (including those who are between 18 to 21 year old) nullifies insurance coverage, thus making the renter fully financially responsible for any and all damages. Return To Contents
Cancellations or changes to a reservation must be received at least 72 hours prior to the scheduled rental start or end date; otherwise, a 1-day rental will be billed to the renter’s credit card.
In the case of a "no-show" or the renter decides not to take the car at the time of rental, the equivalent of a 1-day rental fee, plus any delivery fees (if applicable), will be billed to the credit card used to secure the reservation.
All rental rates are based on 24-hour increments. We offer a 2-hour "grace" period. If the vehicle is returned 2 hours after the completion of a 24-hour term, then the equivalent of one rental day will be added to the invoice. Return To Contents
- The year-round minimum rental period is 3 days.
- Any modifications to a reservation may affect the final rate.
- All published rates constitute official rates and are subject to change. Return To Contents